So I had my surgery today October 6th at 10:45 with dr. Eppley.
I had a diagnosis of arthritic shoulder and instability dislocation labral tear. The procedures performed were arthroscopy condo plasti Bankart repair for anterior labrum and a slap debris sediment not sure what that is. I'll watch the video tomorrow. overall the surgery went very smoothly. recovery room I was pretty groggy for a while as I woke up but as soon as I was somewhat coherent the nurses whisk me out of there I felt a little abrupt because I felt as if I didn't get to review all of my post. Procedures in terms of some things that I was told I would be able to review getting dressed making sure we knew how to put on slang and the Iceman pad so not real happy with that
coming home Steve was amazing taking care of me getting me anything that I needed and making sure that I was taking my meds and doing the ice machine on schedule so super thankful for that pain wise I was about 1 pretty much didn't have any pain had some discomfort with the percocet I took one and a half tablets and it really knocked me out and then I had some heartburn some crackers in a little bit of apple juice help true that I think having the kids at home at dinner time in combination with tending to my needs was a little overwhelming for Steve but he got through it the nerve block I had for the surgery will start to wear off in the next few hours while I'm sleeping I'm going to try to get some sleep here about one 50 in the morning and I'm on the couch with some pillows propped up have a pretty good setup not bad we'll see how I sleep I guess I'll need to get up and do the Iceman every 30 minutes but I should be all set for pain medication has the nerve block starts to wear off and I took some anti-inflammatories so that's helpful we shall see what tomorrow will be like I sorta feel like
today I could have done more things since I didn't really have any pain just completely unable to move my arm which was a little awkward feeling tomorrow we'll see how the pain management goes the next two to three days is not supposed to be fun so we'll see I missed me a volleyball game today which is kind of a bummer seems like it was a good matchup with San Leandro they went to five games so disappointed I miss that was able to help Miguel with his homework does the that was nice tomorrow I hope to go with the kids to the pumpkin patch see how that goes that's it for now will report tomorrow see how things are going good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment