Saturday, October 10, 2015

Post OP Shoulder Resources

I found these articles and videos very helpful to guide me through the first week.  Out patient surgeries are weird that you have a procedure performed by highly skilled and trained specialists and then are left to tend to yourself for a week or so afterwards with nothing but a 2 page "Post-Op Instruction" sheet to guide you.  There are so many opportunities to possibly injure your healing; its a little unnerving.  For example, I was lifting small light items when I actually shouldn't lift anything.  Its hard to stop doing things that you normally do in everyday life.  Should i really even be typing with my left hand?   How much walking/activity should i be doing?  How much should i be laying down and resting?  We all tend to push ourselves and its not easy to slow down all of a sudden.  Having these tips, videos were helpful in reminding me gow to properly take care of myself.   I'll add more as I continue my post-op journey.

Helpful Articles

What to expect following surgery
Managing Expectations
John Hopkins labral tear of the shoulder
Videos


No comments:

Post a Comment